Will 2017 be your year to tackle home improvements? Before undergoing a home renovation or remodel, it’s important to know which projects will provide the best ROI. Check out these 5 home improvements with the best ROI!
- Replacing a front door – Replacing the front door of your home can amok a big impact on resale value. Why? It’s one of the first things people see when they come into your home! A steel door has the most ROI, followed by a fiberglass door.
- Installing a new fireplace – There’s nothing quite as cozy as a warm fireplace on a cold winter night. In fact, buyers rank fireplaces among the top 3 amenities they would like most in their homes!
- Kitchen remodel – Could’ve guessed this one, huh? Did you know 7 out of 10 homeowners remodel the kitchen because it’s dated? Kitchen remodels that are budgeted at 6-10% of the total home value are predicted to see the highest ROI.
- Replacing Siding – While a kitchen remodel may not surprise you, this one may. The siding or cladding on the exterior of your home should not be undervalued. Consider options such as vinyl, foam backed vinyl and fiber cement.
- New garage door – According to the “Remodeling Impact Report,” a project that replaces an older, two-car, embossed steel door has a current cost of about $2,300. If you sell, you can expect a healthy ROI of 87% on your investment.
More Tips & Tricks
Hopefully, the 5 home renovations above help you determine which projects to take on in the upcoming year! For more tips and tricks, follow our boards on Pinterest!