Ask yourself this question: how often do you think about plumbing? The answer is probably not very often – until there’s a problem. A leaky pipe can cause a variety of major issues throughout your home or business. That’s because anywhere there’s water, there’s a potential for damage. In this post, we’ll discuss some of the damage that can be caused and what you can do to protect yourself and your home.
If you notice water on your floor, ceiling, or walls, this could be a sign of a leaky pipe. Even minor leaks should be addressed immediately to avoid damage such as:
- Excess water in places where it shouldn’t be can lead to major structural damage. Ceilings and walls are especially vulnerable, but depending on the volume of water, you could also see damage to floors, floorboards, and even furniture.
- That’s because any excess moisture where it shouldn’t be, has the potential to lead to mold and mildew. Not only is mold unpleasant and unsightly, but it can also cause dangerous allergic reactions and lead to breathing problems and other symptoms.
- Water in your walls or crawl spaces also makes them an attractive place for rodents or other pests like cockroaches.
- Leaking water and electrical systems don’t mix! They could cause a fire hazard or even electrocution!
- If the broken pipe is a sewage pipe, then you’re dealing with more than just water leaking into your home! Raw sewage brings the potential for infection and harmful (not to mention, disgusting) odors.
These are just a few of the reasons that getting a leak checked out or repaired right away is critical! If you think you may have a leak, Trenchless Replacement Specialists can help. We use a state-of-the-art non-invasive camera technique to inspect your pipes. If we determine that a replacement is necessary, we can install a new pipe using our cured-in-place method, which requires no digging! Make an appointment online or call us today at (432) 580-7693.