“Trenchless” means exactly what it sounds like: NO DIGGING! Video pipe inspection is the first step in the trenchless process. It’s the easiest way to find leaks, cracks, blockages, and other problems in your sewer pipes to see if they need to be repaired or replaced. In this post, we’ll discuss this important part of TRENCHLESS replacement and repair!
HOW IT WORKS
First, we locate a spot where we can insert the camera. The high-res camera is connected to a waterproof flexible fiber-optic scope so it can bend and weave its way through your pipes. It can fit into a pipe as small as 2 inches in diameter. The camera is also equipped with an LED light so our technicians can see where they’re going.
Above ground, we watch all the action from a live video feed to a monitor. We check out every nook and cranny of your pipes, finding problems, and potential issues. The video is also recorded, so we can refer back to it later.
Another feature allows us to pinpoint the area above ground that’s directly above a leak or crack. That allows us to mark the spot in case above-ground assessments are necessary.
The video pipe inspection is perfect for finding leaks, holes, and blockages, including:
- Grease clogs and buildup
- Areas of corrosion or breaks in the pipe
- Roots that are breaking into your pipes
- Identifying the alignment of pipes
- Locating sanitary and storm laterals
- Identifying potential future problems
WHEN TO GET A VIDEO PIPE INSPECTION
- You can’t seem to find the location of a leak or blockage
- Drainage problems or serious backups
- Part of a home inspection – a video inspection is a great idea if you are considering purchasing a home, to make sure there are no unseen plumbing/sewer problems.
Here are a few advantages to a video pipe inspection:
- Less expensive and messy than digging
- Easy to identify the problem areas
- Fast resolutions in case of emergencies
- Easier to plan for needed repairs
- Avoid misdiagnosis and unnecessary repair
- No prep time needed for cleaning
- Avoid creating more problems through digging
- Who knows – you may even find items that were lost down the drain!
Call Trenchless Replacement Specialists today to learn how you can schedule a video pipe inspection and solve your sewage problems. Make an appointment by calling 432-580-7693. No Mess. No Stress!